Guidelines for submission to
the Danahy Fiction Prize
The Danahy Fiction Prize is an annual award of $1,000 and publication in Tampa Review.
Judging is by the editors of Tampa Review, and all entries will be considered for publication.
• All entrants receive a one-year subscription to Tampa Review.
• Submissions must be original, previously unpublished short fiction. We generally prefer manuscripts between 500 and 5,000 words, but stories falling slightly outside this range will also be considered. Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but Tampa Review must be notified immediately if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere. Submissions are not accepted from current faculty or students at the University of Tampa. Editors will recuse themselves from judging entries from close friends and associates to avoid conflicts of interest.
• Manuscripts should be double-spaced and include a cover page with author’s name, mailing address, and other contact information, plus a total word count.
• Submissions can be made by mail or by using our online Submissions Manager. Enclose a $20 entry fee payable to “Tampa Review” with entries by mail; follow online instructions for submitting your entry fee through Submissions Manager (a small processing charge is added for online submissions.)
• Entries must be postmarked (or date-stamped online) by December 31 annually.
The winner will be announced as soon as possible, usually early in the new year.
Submissions by mail should be sent to:
Danahy Fiction Prize
The University of Tampa
401 West Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33606-1490