Winner of the 2013 Tiny Chair in Writing TROntest
- Ms. Wynn snuck off with him at lunch, hoping the cheerleader salutatorian of ample virginity could smell it on her afterward.
- But she was poisoned by her duplicity, vowed to love her perfectly OK husband, told the coach they’d still be friends, as if.
- The next day he sat there at the lunch table, counterfeiting laughter so that only she would know he was hurt, was gut-shot.
- He pulled a pistol as the curtains opened on the Drama Club’s Passion Play. Part of her liked being watched. Very small part.
- After the gunshot, she fell to the floor, relief that it was over flooding her chest even before she knew his aim was untrue.